Although you may have only witnessed couples getting massages on TV shows, the truth is that couples’ massages are a commonly sought-after wellness activity. These types of massages, often referred to as romantic couple massages, involve the use of oils and aromatherapy to create a serene and intimate atmosphere.
The main benefit of couple massages is that they enhance affection and comfort levels between partners. Furthermore, couples’ massages are not only advantageous for your relationship, but they are also a great way to introduce yourself to the world of massages, particularly if you are a first-timer and would prefer the company of your significant other.
If you are planning to schedule an appointment for a couples’ massage in Philadelphia, keep some important things in your mind.
Know the tips to prepare for a couples’ massage
- Schedule your massage in the evening after high-endurance activities, like a long day at work or an intense workout, to help you unwind and destress. This will be the perfect end to a high-stress day and you’ll likely find that you won’t have the desire to do anything physically strenuous after your session.
- Shower beforehand for a clean and comfortable experience for you and your masseuse. This also helps the massage lotion to be better absorbed by your skin. Basic hygiene is important and you don’t want to make this an uncomfortable experience for yourself or your masseuse.
- Eat a light meal before your massage, and avoid heavy or rich foods that may make you feel uncomfortable during the massage. It’s important to give your stomach time to digest any food before lying on the massage table. If you can’t calm those hunger pangs, opt for a light salad with some protein.
- Leave your phone behind to fully disconnect and enjoy the experience. The point of getting a massage is to relax, unwind, and enjoy your time away from the hustle and bustle of your work life. This is your time to focus on yourself and your partner.
- Try to be in a good mood and avoid discussing any sensitive topics that may lead to tension between you and your partner. This is a treat for both of you and bickering before the actual massage will take away from the positive experience. The tension between couples makes for tense muscles. Leave the drama at home and enjoy the experience.
Know the ways to make the most out of the couples’ massage
- Before booking a couples’ massage as a surprise for your partner, make sure they’re comfortable with the idea. Not everyone is familiar with this type of massage, so it’s important to check if they’re willing to proceed.
- Discuss with your partner if you want to talk during the massage, or if you prefer to just relax and enjoy the experience. Knowing what to expect can help you both fully immerse at the moment.
- Focus on your massage and let yourself fully benefit from the health and well-being benefits it provides. Don’t worry about anything else and just allow yourself to unwind and rejuvenate.
- Consider adding extra treatments to your package to enhance the overall experience. Maximize your time at the spa and make the most out of your relaxing couple massage package.
Knowing and considering these things will help enjoy a couples massage in Philadelphia to the fullest.